Subject: bug#38633: closed (Re: bug#38633: 27.0.50; Broken faces)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38633: 27.0.50; Broken faces

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38633: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38633
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38633: 27.0.50; Broken faces
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:45:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:19:44 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Thanks, this problem is due to a stupid typo I made in my last commit.  I will fix it in a few hours when I get to a place from which I can push changes.

Now fixed.

Subject: 27.0.50; Broken faces
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 08:04:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I am tracking Emacs master branch, and following commit dd3f2130cf2 (* A better
fix for extension of overlay string's faces), adding ":extend t" to some of the
faces in the packages I use to extend them as needed doesn't seem to work any more.

One example is here: https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-ls-git/issues/55

What needs to be done to fix the broken faces?

Thank you
Kind regards

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-debian-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-12-16 built on hathaway
Repository revision: 5aab1e83f55ccbf7affc25272f6b1107aa17598c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:
Waiting for git... [2 times]
Starting new Ispell process /usr/bin/hunspell with en_GB dictionary...done
Loading /home/manuel/.emacs.d/var/recentf-save.el (source)...done
Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Mark set

Configured using:
 'configure --host=x86_64-debian-linux-gnu --with-modules
 --with-imagemagick --with-harfbuzz'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  git-identity-magit-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-command-with-editor-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  mark-thing-at-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  psession-savehist-mode: t
  el-patch-use-package-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/straight/build/let-alist/let-alist hides
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval magit-extras descr-text bug-reference mule-util git-identity
hydra lv magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit package url-handlers
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode transient git-commit magit-git
magit-section benchmark magit-utils crm log-edit message rmc rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp flycheck-clj-kondo flycheck
jka-compr compile let-alist ido helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher helm-x-files disp-table autorevert filenotify
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company cursor-sensor
recentf tree-widget wid-edit helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-info
hippie-exp rainbow-mode xterm-color flyspell-correct-helm
flyspell-correct flyspell ispell goto-addr highlight-numbers parent-mode
hl-line symbol-overlay bookmark text-property-search pp helm-external
helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-adaptive
helm-xref xref project helpful imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look
find-func f dash-functional help-fns radix-tree elisp-refs s loop
helm-mode helm-files image-dired image-mode exif tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp dired-aux ffap url-parse
auth-source password-cache url-vars helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help
helm-types page-break-lines sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow color delsel image-file server dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs direnv json map eldoc-eval git-gutter-fringe
fringe-helper git-gutter helm-descbinds helm derived helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib pcase keychain-environment
mark-thing-at choice-program choice-program-complete eieio mb-depth
saveplace smartparens advice thingatpt dash so-long winner ws-butler
zop-to-char-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads ws-butler-autoloads
wordnut-autoloads wgrep-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads visual-regexp-autoloads
unfill-autoloads undo-fu-autoloads typo-autoloads trashed-autoloads
symbol-overlay-autoloads smartparens-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
psession async psession-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
mark-thing-at-autoloads choice-program-autoloads magit-autoloads
transient-autoloads latex-extra-autoloads keychain-environment-autoloads
kaocha-runner-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx json-snatcher-autoloads
json-reformat-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads hungry-delete-autoloads
highlight-numbers-autoloads parent-mode-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads loop-autoloads dash-functional-autoloads
helm-xref-autoloads el-patch helm-rg-autoloads helm-ls-git-autoloads
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs helm-descbinds-autoloads helm-bibtex-autoloads
biblio-autoloads biblio-core-autoloads parsebib-autoloads
goto-last-change-autoloads gnutls puny git-identity-autoloads
f-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads git-gutter-fringe-autoloads
fringe-helper-autoloads git-gutter-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads flyspell-correct-helm-autoloads helm-autoloads
helm-core-autoloads popup-autoloads async-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads ring flycheck-clj-kondo-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads let-alist-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads
fd-dired-autoloads esup-autoloads fullframe elfeed-autoloads
eldoc-eval-autoloads dotenv-mode-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads direnv-autoloads
dash-autoloads diredfl-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads css-eldoc-autoloads
crux-autoloads company-reftex-autoloads s-autoloads
company-auctex-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site yasnippet-autoloads
company-autoloads color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads
cider-autoloads sesman-autoloads spinner-autoloads queue-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
a-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads beginend-autoloads
bash-completion-autoloads apheleia-autoloads easy-mmode
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads edmacro kmacro general no-littering
no-littering-autoloads general-autoloads gcmh gcmh-autoloads
el-patch-autoloads blackout blackout-autoloads cl-seq use-package-core
fullframe-autoloads finder-inf use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads
straight-autoloads info cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq byte-opt
straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile
cconv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 565329 388594)
 (symbols 48 31644 352)
 (strings 32 132974 49678)
 (string-bytes 1 5399781)
 (vectors 16 40747)
 (vector-slots 8 472816 230820)
 (floats 8 419 775)
 (intervals 56 1429 388)
 (buffers 1000 24))

-- 
Manuel Uberti