Subject: bug#38624: 27.0.50; [wish] tab navigation via keyboard should mimic buffer navigation

From: Gregor Zattler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 13:03:39 +0100

Hi Juri,
* Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> [2019-12-20; 01:21]:
>> Then I will bind tab switching by name to the most easy to type
>> key sequence 'C-x t RET tab-name RET' because reading the tab name
>> needs to be finished by RET too (like 'C-x 8 RET char-name RET').
>
> This is implemented now so that 'C-x t RET' provides default values
> with names of tabs sorted by recency: 'C-x t RET RET' will switch to
> the most recent tab, 'C-x t RET M-n M-n RET' to the second recent, etc.

Nice! Works automagically with helm which is also nice.

It irritated me though that the current tab is not a member of
the list.

Therefore with only one tab the list is empty.  If one then hits
RET on this empty list, there is an error message:
"funcall-interactively: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p,
nil".

I now see that an unconfigured emacs also does not show the
buffer from one called switch-to-buffer.  helm-mini which I
actually use, shows the the buffer you worked in when callin
helm-mini as a possible last target of the listed buffers.  This
seems more natural to me.

Ciao; Gregor
--
 -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-