Subject: Re: bug#38615: 27.0.50; vc-git: Wrong status in vc-dir after registering directory

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 01:53:56 +0200

On 16.12.2019 21:43, Andrii Kolomoiets wrote:

>> Regarding the moving of point, personally, I'm not sure which of the
>> behaviors is more correct.
> 
> It's `vc-dir-move-to-goal-column' called after `vc-register'. I will
> make dedicated bug report.

Thanks.

>> The latter is caused basically by:
>>
>> - Git returning a directory in the file status list.
>> - Directories not having an actual VCS status in our system.
> 
> How about to list files and not directories? This will allow to register
> untracked files under untracked directory with single `v'. Please see
> attached patch.

Okay, let's try this, thank you.

I believe the original idea was to avoid overwhelming the user when 
there are a lot of unregistered files (build artefacts and the like), 
but that's what gitignore is for.

Both patches are pushed, closing.