Subject: Re: bug#38613: Disabling bytecompilation on a list of files.

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 00:01:36 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 15.12.2019, 16:26 -0600 schrieb Brett Gilio:
> [...]
> I am not sure why the file permissions are needing to be set either.
> On
> a git checkout it looks to me like they are the same as the others. I
> wonder if it might have something to do with the rename-file method
> moving the themes? Idk.
Interesting.  I wonder what would happen if we patched the files before
moving them elsewhere, given that files often are not moved in such a
manner.

> Honestly, it looks fine enough to me. At least for a draft. Does
> anybody
> have any objections or feel an urge for a need for addition of
> something
> else? I think this feature is going to be useful, especially for
> allowing workarounds in cases like this which will certainly pop up
> again in the future.
Regarding the impact, I think it should be fine if we commit this
closely before or after #38619, since that probably forces all Elisp
libraries to be rebuilt anyways (also CC'd Maxim to have a look at
this).  Hopefully at least the doom-theme autoloads compile correctly. 
WDYT?

Leo