Subject: bug#38608: enable --fallback for the guix graphical installer

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 20:02:36 -0600

Nathan Dehnel <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can't install guix because I keep getting substitute download errors.
>
> It's really punishing having to restart the install process after a
> download error.
>

I actually don't know how our installer works that well, so I am going
to leave the issue of whether to default to `--fallback` is the right
decision to somebody else.

However, for anybody reading this: does our installer dump logs
anywhere? That seems like a more useful bit of information so we can
triage and possibily fix why you are not receiving substitutes.

-- 
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster
[DFC0 C7F7 9EE6 0CA7 AE55 5E19 6722 43C4 A03F 0EEE]
<[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>