Subject: Re: bug#38600: Unbound variable for some package --show invocations.

From: Jacob MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 15:31:51 -0800

Yes, though interestingly I can't reproduce in a development tree at
the commit used when I submitted the report
(9f9520a1299fccd8508d03ce0c9280c6e0030207). In summary:

Error occurs:
1. In 9f9520a1299fccd8508d03ce0c9280c6e0030207
2. In 00386d3430f12710997f17091a55c07323ff138c
3. In 00386d3430f12710997f17091a55c07323ff138c after running guix pull
once again (this did cause a rebuild of compute-guix-derivation)
Error does not occur:
In the Guix source tree (using the pre-inst-env script) @
9f9520a1299fccd8508d03ce0c9280c6e0030207

Would it be useful to compare the hashes for packages I build manually
to hashes of the packages from the substitute server? If so, what
packages should I check and what's the easiest way (and is guix
challenge useful in this situation [forgive me, I'm pretty unfamiliar
with debugging this kind of error in Guix])?

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 8:38 AM Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> If you run 'guix pull' again do you still get the same errors?
>
> --
> Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
> GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
> Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted