Subject: 27.0.50; org mode insinuates itself into calendar

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 08:54:08 -0500

I do not use org.
Apparently it still slithers into Emacs.
org-compat.el adds org--setup-calendar-bindings to calendar-mode-hook.
I have no idea who or why loaded org-compat.
However, I get this error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable org-agenda-diary-file)
  org--setup-calendar-bindings()
  run-hooks(change-major-mode-after-body-hook calendar-mode-hook)
  apply(run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook calendar-mode-hook))
  run-mode-hooks(calendar-mode-hook)
  calendar-mode()
  calendar-basic-setup(nil)
  calendar()
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G2022))
 of 2019-12-12 built on BZ-C02XR5CGJG5L
Repository revision: ede63fed1f08bb3af6b22dc4b8a47154b18ffc4b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Configured using:
 'configure --with-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/gnutls/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/jansson/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
IMAGEMAGICK NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS
MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 emacsbug sendmail find-dired ffap
cl-print debug backtrace cal-move cal-x cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv cal-iso cal-hebrew lunar
solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs tramp-cmds url-queue url-cache sort gnus-cite smiley
mm-archive gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp mail-extr gnus-ml hl-line
disp-table spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig utf-7 gnus-cache gnus-sum shr svg bbdb-gnus gnutls
network-stream nntp gnus-group gnus-undo tramp-cache gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader dired-aux
latexenc dabbrev smerge-mode diff skeleton misearch multi-isearch
ein-jupyter ein-dev url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc
puny ob-ein ob ob-tangle ol ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ein-multilang
ein-multilang-fontify org-src org-keys ob-comint ob-core org-compat
ob-eval org-macs ein-notebooklist eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe find-func ein-company ein-file ein-connect ein-inspector
ein-traceback ein-pseudo-console ein-pager view ein-completer ein-ac
auto-complete popup ein-pytools ein-shared-output ein-subpackages
ein-notification ein-scratchsheet ein-iexec ein-worksheet poly-ein
polymode derived poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave polymode-export
polymode-compat polymode-methods polymode-core polymode-classes
eieio-custom eieio-base color ein-kill-ring ein-cell-output
ein-cell-edit ein-timestamp ein-cell ein-hy ein-skewer skewer-html
sgml-mode dom skewer-mode cache-table js2-mode js simple-httpd pp
ein-output-area xml ein-kernelinfo ein-kernel ein-ipdb ein-events
ein-websocket websocket bindat ein-contents-api ein-notebook ein-query
request autorevert filenotify ein-node ein-log ein-console ein-classes
ein-core ein-utils deferred url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap dash
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ein add-log log-view pcvs-util vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs remember sh-script smie executable bug-reference
dired dired-loaddefs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher yaml-mode
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-cmake
company-xcode company-clang company-eclim company-template company-bbdb
yasnippet-snippets cl-extra yasnippet flymake-proc flymake warnings
thingatpt company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy
edmacro kmacro elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor ido grep etags fileloop generator xref
project cus-edit python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
format-spec vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode flyspell ispell tex-mode compile
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color midnight gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm mailabbrev
bbdb bbdb-site timezone edit-server advice server winner ring which-func
imenu paren help-at-pt desktop frameset cus-start cus-load info package
easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 746922 99785)
 (symbols 48 43598 4)
 (strings 32 253372 6935)
 (string-bytes 1 8367079)
 (vectors 16 108253)
 (vector-slots 8 2367219 304738)
 (floats 8 1155 1391)
 (intervals 56 22200 137)
 (buffers 1000 168))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
https://americancensorship.org http://think-israel.org
A number problem "solved" with floats turns into 1.9999999999999998 problems.