Subject: Re: [PATCH] 27.0.50; Add unattended spell-checking to checkdoc

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 14:26:16 +0200

> From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 12:49:17 +0100
> 
> Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >> You mean, this is in addition to the previous patches?  If so, I'd
> >> prefer a single patch.
> >
> > you want all the changes merged into a single patch? This seems much
> > harder to review but here it is.
> 
> any news?

Sorry, it fell through the cracks.

However, I was about to push it now, but compiling the modified
version generates warnings:

    ELC      emacs-lisp/checkdoc.elc

  In checkdoc-ispell-docstring-engine:
  emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el:2161:47:Warning: reference to free variable
      `ispell-format-word-function'
  emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el:2162:62:Warning: reference to free variable
      `ispell-program-name'
  emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el:2163:42:Warning: reference to free variable
      `ispell-current-dictionary'

  In end of data:
  emacs-lisp/checkdoc.el:2714:1:Warning: the following functions are not known
      to be defined: ispell-set-spellchecker-params,
      ispell-accept-buffer-local-defs, ispell-correct-p

Could you please augment the patch so that these warnings are avoided?

Also, please mention the bug number in the commit log message.

TIA