Subject: [bug#38570] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add gx-plugins-lv2.

From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 10:13:55 +0000

Hi Ricardo,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

On Thu, 2019-12-12 at 10:11 +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> 
> I think it’s better to err on the side of granularity here and
> provide
> the lv2 plugins as individual packages.
> 
> We could have a meta package that simply propagates all of the
> individual packages.

I think this is a very bad idea in this case, considering:
a) No one will ever want to install specific gxplugins. Usually people
want to install the "gxplugin suite" - or even all available LV2
plugins
b) There are !!!!!!43!!!!!! plugins here. Do you realize how painful
and unnecessary it would be to add and maintain these packages?
Especially considering the following point
c) The total installed file size for all of these is only 7mb
d) These are all from the same person, who explicitly provides a meta-
repository for packagers so it makes sense to offer them in the same
package

If you insist though, I would likely just use my own channel for this
as I don't want to go through the trouble of adding 40 extra packages,
each only a few KB in size.

Thanks,
Alex