Subject: GNOME Desktop Stuttering

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:03:23 -0500

Hello Guix!

NOTE: This email is posted to two different mail lists, due to their
relevance. Please 'reply-all' so that members of both mail lists can
follow up with the discussion.

After GNOME 3.30 update (even after 3.32 update), I started facing
desktop stuttering.

50% of the time, when I play videos in mpv, the video along with whole
desktop system (screen, windows, menus etc.) starts to stutter. 100% of
the time, when I stream videos in ungoogled-chromium, he video along
with whole desktop system (screen, windows, menus etc.) starts to
stutter. During stuttering, I also noticed in system monitor, that
processes ".gnome-shell-ca", ".gnome-shell-r" and ".gnome-system-m"
intermittently hitting 100% CPU.

The above issues does not happen when I log-in as i3-wm session via
gdm. They only happen inside gnome session.

Regards,
RG.