Subject: bug#38557: closed (Re: bug#38557: GNOME Desktop Stuttering)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 12:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38557: GNOME Desktop Stuttering

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38557: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38557
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38557: GNOME Desktop Stuttering
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 13:44:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Raghav,

On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 at 17:44, Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I agree with closing.

Done.  Thank you for the follow up. :-)

Cheers,
simon

Subject: GNOME Desktop Stuttering
From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:03:23 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

NOTE: This email is posted to two different mail lists, due to their
relevance. Please 'reply-all' so that members of both mail lists can
follow up with the discussion.

After GNOME 3.30 update (even after 3.32 update), I started facing
desktop stuttering.

50% of the time, when I play videos in mpv, the video along with whole
desktop system (screen, windows, menus etc.) starts to stutter. 100% of
the time, when I stream videos in ungoogled-chromium, he video along
with whole desktop system (screen, windows, menus etc.) starts to
stutter. During stuttering, I also noticed in system monitor, that
processes ".gnome-shell-ca", ".gnome-shell-r" and ".gnome-system-m"
intermittently hitting 100% CPU.

The above issues does not happen when I log-in as i3-wm session via
gdm. They only happen inside gnome session.

Regards,
RG.