Subject: Re: [bug#38556] [PATCH] gnu: qps: Updated to 2.0.0

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 12:59:37 -0600

"Reza Alizadeh Majd" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Brett Gilio wrote:
>> There is an issue with your commit message. s/Updated/Update and both
>> the commit message and sub-header need punctuation.
>
> sorry for the issue with commit message, here is an updated patch with
> amended commit message.

Hey Reza,

As Ricardo noted, if you use GNU Emacs or anything with the ability to
parse yasnippet syntax you can use those snippets provided in
guix/etc/snippets to generate these commit messages. Your revised commit
messages still has some small problems.

I have revised them as such, (from my Magit buffer):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnu: qps: Update to 2.0.0.

* gnu/packages/lxqt.scm (qps): Update to 2.0.0.

Signed-off-by: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>

# Please enter the commit message for your changes. Lines starting
# with '#' will be ignored, and an empty message aborts the commit.
#
# Author:    Reza Alizadeh Majd <[email-masked]>
# Date:      Tue Dec 10 12:57:33 2019 +0330
#
# On branch master
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.
#   (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
#
# Changes to be committed:
#	modified:   gnu/packages/lxqt.scm
#
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Additionally, I have built and tested the changes on my machine. It
looks fine.

I have pushed the changes to master with
fc8131638499d907153473119279cbcd7f029bc7.

Closing! Thanks.

-- 
Brett M. Gilio
Homepage -- https://scm.pw/
GNU Guix -- https://guix.gnu.org/