Subject: Re: [bug#38553] [PATCH 01/12] gnu: Add grantleetheme.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:19:36 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Am 19.12.19 um 23:20 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> +    (properties `((tags . ("Desktop" "KDE" "Themes"))))
> Please remove this line since it’s not handled by tools and not agreed
> upon.

ACK. I will remove this for all other packages and all other pending
patches, too.

>> +       (modify-phases (@ (guix build qt-build-system) %standard-phases)
>                           ^
> As a rule of thumb, we should avoid using ‘@’ and ‘@@’.  So here, I’d
> suggest writing
>
>   #:modules ((guix build qt-build-system) …)
>
> to make sure that module is in scope.

AFAIU the module already is in scope, since it is part of
%qt-build-system-modules. What I intend here is to address
"%standard-phases" as defined in (guix build qt-build-system).

I agree me code is not nice. Maybe we should rename "%standard-phases"
in (guix build qt-build-system) into e.g. "%qt-standard-phases". WDYT?

>> +    (license (list license:gpl2+ license:lgpl2.0+ license:fdl1.2+))))
> Could you add a comment explaining whether this is triple-license or
> something else?

This seems to be common to many KDE packages including programs, libs
and docs. Programs have GPL, libs have LGPL and docs have FDL. Of course
I can add a respective comment, which most of the packages would get. Is
this your intention?

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |