Subject: bug#38551: 27.0.50; [ELPA][PATCH] debbugs: bind to RET rather than return

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 21:36:18 +0100

Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Kévin,

> debbugs-gnu.el binds debbugs-gnu-select-report and
> debbugs-gnu-select-usertag to [return].  Unless I'm mistaken, this
> designates only the function key, and terminals do not tell applications
> that function keys were pressed.  In the case of [return], they only
> send RET, i.e. the C-m character.

Oops, my bad. It was bound to "\r" previous to debbugs 0.21. I wanted to
change it for better readability, and I've overlooked this trap.

> On the other hand, if one binds those functions to (kbd "RET") ≡ "\C-m"
> ≡ "\r", Emacs automatically translates [return] to RET, and everything
> Just Works™.

I've decided for (kbd "RET"). Committed locally (the remote ELPA git is
down just now).

I will release debbugs 0.22, including this patch, when I have finished
my work on bug#37168, adding threading to debbugs for better performance.

> Thank you for your time.

Best regards, Michael.