Subject: Re: [bug#38546] [00/11] Update Julia, Fix precompilation, add HTTP.jl

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 13:06:01 +0100

Hi Nicoló,

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 19:03, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have tried them. Ouch! The tests eat so much...

The tests fail on my desktop machine with 8GB of RAM.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
running testset Distributed...
ERROR: LoadError: TaskFailedException:
Timed out waiting to read host:port string from worker.
Stacktrace:
 [1] worker_from_id(::Distributed.ProcessGroup, ::Int64) at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/cluster.jl:1059
 [2] worker_from_id at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/cluster.jl:1056
[inlined]
 [3] #remote_do#156 at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:482
[inlined]
 [4] remote_do at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/remotecall.jl:482
[inlined]
 [5] kill at /tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/managers.jl:534
[inlined]
 [6] create_worker(::Distributed.LocalManager, ::WorkerConfig) at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/cluster.jl:581
 [7] setup_launched_worker(::Distributed.LocalManager, ::WorkerConfig,
::Array{Int64,1}) at
/tmp/guix-build-julia-1.3.1.drv-0/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Distributed/src/cluster.jl:523
 [8] (::Distributed.var"#43#46"{Distributed.LocalManager,Array{Int64,1},WorkerConfig})()
at ./task.jl:333

[...more failed...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Do they pass on your machine?

> And I have not tried yet to build with '--check'.

Still not reproducible as expected [1]. :-)

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/22304

Cheers,
simon

ps:
I think you are busy by your thesis. Cross the fingers. ;-)