Subject: Re: [bug#38546] [00/11] Update Julia, Fix precompilation, add HTTP.jl

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 19:03:27 +0100

Hi Nicoló,

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 18:26, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have not yet tried your patches. Sorry bit busy at work.
> And I will not have any slot next week, so I will be back on the topic
> after the Guix Days. Except if someone beats me. :-)
> (see you there :-)

I have tried them. Ouch! The tests eat so much...

Do you have a special motivation to rename 'llvm-patch' to 'julia-patch'?
(I agree, it is better :-))

Well, only 2 inputs are missing. Do you think it is affordable to pack
them and so remove the commentary?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; FIXME: The following inputs are downloaded from upstream to allow us
;; to use the lightweight Julia release tarball.  Ideally, these inputs
;; would eventually be replaced with proper Guix packages.
;; Find dependencies versions here:
;; https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JuliaLang/julia/v1.3.0/deps/Versions.make
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Otherwise, there is some issues about indentation -- I think you use
Emacs, so check that '.dir-locals.el' is correctly setup -- double
space for sentences in description,
'patch/julia-SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH-mtime.patch' should be added with the
same commit that "Update", etc.
I have half-corrected so I can send you these 2 v2-patches if you want to. :-)

And I have not tried yet to build with '--check'.

All the best,
simon