Subject: Re: [bug#38546] [00/11] Update Julia, Fix precompilation, add HTTP.jl

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 19:49:45 +0100

Hi Nicolò,

Thank you for working on this.
Julia rocks! ;-)

However, I am lost with your patch set.

I have tried only the first patch you attached. I hit this error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
error: dsfmt: unbound variable
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So something is missing. :-)

Then I notice that you change the list of 'patches' and you "forgot"
to send them too. :-)

Almost related, does this update fix the reproducibility bug [1]? For example,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
./pre-inst-env guix build julia
./pre-inst-env guix build julia --check --no-grafts -K
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22304

All the best,
simon