Subject: Re: [bug#38546] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: julia: Set to JULIA_LOAD_PATH and JULIA_DEPOT_PATH variables.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 22:43:16 +0100

Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> skribis:

>  gnu/packages/julia.scm | 146 +++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
>  1 file changed, 75 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

Please make sure to add a commit log listing all the entities changed.

Apparently there was some reindentation that makes this patch looks big
and makes the actual changes harder to spot.  Could you resubmit it
without the reindentation?

>      (native-search-paths
>       (list (search-path-specification
>              (variable "JULIA_LOAD_PATH")
> -            (files (list "share/julia/packages/")))))
> +            (files (list "share/julia/packages/"
> +                         "share/julia/stdlib/v1.1/")))

Why is this extra entry needed?  Doesn’t Julia find its own standard
library by default, even if JULIA_LOAD_PATH is unset?

> +           (search-path-specification
> +            (variable "JULIA_DEPOT_PATH")
> +            (files (list "share/julia/")))))

What’s JULIA_DEPOT_PATH supposed to point to again?  ‘share/julia’ seems
to be very much a catch-all thing.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.