Subject: Re: [bug#38546] [PATCH v4] Update Julia 1.3.1: almost done

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 17:12:08 +0100

Hi Nicolò,

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 21:59, Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here's a friendly 1.3.1 + HTTP.jl + dependencies patch submission.
> Hopefully this time it's fine.  Package precompilation should be working
> now (except json, whose cache, for some reason, is not valid and gets
> rebuilt).

Cool! Thank you.
I would like to first push 1.3.1, i.e., the patches v4.

Then let open another bug report with the patches attached here.
Otherwise, it seems a non-ending process. ;-)

About processing, if you use Magit to generate your patches, do not
forget to increment the reroll-count (W c C-m v) otherwise "git
format-patch -v5". It eases to know which version of the patches we
are talking about. For example, here it is the fifth.

> As a reminder: determinism is still not addressed and will be fixed in
> the 1.4.0 release (hopefully, upstream is still not that responsive).
> However, there are dozens of julia packages that I want to package, so
> if this first batch is finally fine, more will come.

Yes, hope soon. :-)

Cheers,
simon