Subject: Re: bug#38528: Add test for `guix pull'

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 10:45:51 +0100

I tried it on two recent commits
(including eb8aad6a23442cf7b23e0df88b89b4cd030dfbf5) and I get

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix environment guix -- make as-derivation
Building Guix in Guix...
warning: 'nix-server-socket' is deprecated, use 'store-connection-socket' instead
warning: 'nix-server-major-version' is deprecated, use 'store-connection-major-version' instead
warning: 'nix-server-minor-version' is deprecated, use 'store-connection-minor-version' instead
fetching path `/gnu/store/qa3sp0f1qpqhrzb0v9y5kfgyr61dh70r-xz-5.2.4.tar.gz'...
building path(s) `/gnu/store/aqv75406kbs6s1sp3z9x5fbl9c7y7psn-ld-wrapper-boot0-0'
Downloading https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/qa3sp0f1qpqhrzb0v9y5kfgyr61dh70r-xz-5.2.4.tar.gz...
building "/gnu/store/w8fw0vzvai0yw5akfq3gd94avb7jvd4h-binutils-cross-boot0-2.32"/bin/ld wrapper in "/gnu/store/aqv75406kbs6s1sp3z9x5fbl9c7y7psn-ld-wrapper-boot0-0"
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
 157: 11 [catch #t #<catch-closure c900a0> ...]
In unknown file:
   ?: 10 [apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure c900a0>]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  63: 9 [call-with-prompt prompt0 ...]
In ice-9/eval.scm:
 432: 8 [eval # #]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
2320: 7 [save-module-excursion #<procedure cc1b80 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3961:3 ()>]
3966: 6 [#<procedure cc1b80 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3961:3 ()>]
1645: 5 [%start-stack load-stack #<procedure cbd2e0 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3957:10 ()>]
1650: 4 [#<procedure cc3060 ()>]
In unknown file:
   ?: 3 [primitive-load "/gnu/store/7pcp12416a7gjfm18pk87hradjgrnnrz-ld-wrapper-boot0-0-guile-builder"]
In ice-9/eval.scm:
 387: 2 [eval # ()]
 432: 1 [eval # #]
In unknown file:
   ?: 0 [copy-file "/gnu/store/2p4rab987bknvsqm46rxkz7d55wyqpfy-ld-wrapper.in" ...]

ERROR: In procedure copy-file:
ERROR: In procedure copy-file: No such file or directory
builder for `/gnu/store/dvrl5vf6ghxx9w70gacrcamqaxbiwlrf-ld-wrapper-boot0-0.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/f3ip8y1kw6py0hb597yr8mklsj7wxra2-bash-minimal-5.0.7.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
killing process 14973
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/gf0ic28nrb8ydz89c5hmjzvs7ndg149n-binutils-2.32.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/f0zz87120k9sb88lijb87dcb0skw5vzz-bzip2-1.0.6.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/s1x51d8rvl845pxsmgg865z4rw6fkvlc-coreutils-8.31.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/1w2h1h84ir7hi27kgiyxm1kcfzv7yrc0-diffutils-3.7.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/w88snqxx45n9m6iyhl491kwlcpjgmqfv-file-5.33.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/dnvs0wggv8gnk27qravhnssgprc6qndc-findutils-4.6.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/33asax0rynrvqk9ay6z131ziibym2s9f-gawk-5.0.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/s37yl9v9ivhlag4drlxwffjlcmy4yygj-gcc-7.4.0.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/501b6362yp7ng5cdpqg5z08j3c80wcgq-glibc-2.29.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/my7j43l4sspjwxva6gn8jslk5qyaplqi-gmp-6.1.2.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/02dfgh08n9zsa0gkvimh9675430frll7-grep-3.3.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/fnd0k2sdqnin6p1788qjbma37fg3f85n-guile-2.2.6.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/nnp7zxpnjk01zfqm9f4kvdk18g2008ka-gzip-1.10.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/z2ndd6klhz3kl2g048krf3mq576zq7cj-gzip-1.10.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/xxns752z4znp24c46l5aq8j0lvds9s07-libgc-7.6.12.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/v35m6i04n4qbkwbahi7pa89rrlzzr49w-libltdl-2.4.6.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/hm5i7xmvv40ds9ymnnqn4cy75jb9d9y4-libunistring-0.9.10.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/5ab03vwm2hkk24r0i3xgj2q13fzxn995-make-4.2.1.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/72g1a2nhn6h055fa2aqga7mgck0fqc12-patch-2.7.6.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c9xax133y945rszbmax006jjsadvdiyg-sed-4.7.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c8m06xvadb4rqa8znpf16xziamh3kc7l-tar-1.32.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/6lwh9va6krsazd53y4fpid8isv0lbz7g-xz-5.2.4.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/yxz3jnqi0scmyp70yg4w0mwqfr6n9n9w-ghostscript-9.27.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
error: build of `/gnu/store/yxz3jnqi0scmyp70yg4w0mwqfr6n9n9w-ghostscript-9.27.drv' failed
make: *** [Makefile:5712: as-derivation] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Any idea?

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/