Subject: bug#38524: 'dhcp-client-service' crash when non-libre networking interface is present

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:07:40 +0100

Hello,

Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 2019-12-10 18:11, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> So here the problem is that Linux-libre fails to load the non-free
>> firmware.  Could you bring it up on the Linux-libre development mailing
>> list?
> Doing some research on how linux-libre behave it seems normal that it
> doesn't allow the loading of non-free firmware.

It obviously doesn’t do it by default, but my understanding is that the
goal is to allow it (you could check with them).

> So I think the issue is on the Guix side; in dhcp-client-service
> stopping on an error and not continuing to try other interface. If you
> don't think so what should I bring up to the linux-libre mailing list?

‘dhcp-client-service’ passes the DHCP client the list of interfaces that
are “valid” (see gnu/services/networking.scm).  Could you find out why
yours is considered “valid” when it shouldn’t?

Thanks,
Ludo’.