Subject: bug#38520: closed (Re: bug#38520: 26.3; (elisp) `Special Events' xref for `special-event-map')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 11:58:01 +0000

Your bug report

#38520: 26.3; (elisp) `Special Events' xref for `special-event-map'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38520: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38520: 26.3; (elisp) `Special Events' xref for `special-event-map'
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 13:57:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 07:43:26 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
>  (elisp) `Special Events' says this, to introduce `special-event-map':
> 
>   The keymap which defines how to handle special events-and which events
>   are special-is in the variable 'special-event-map' (*note Active
>   Keymaps::).
> 
> I suggest that that xref to `Active Keymaps' be changed to an xref to
> node `Controlling Active Maps', which is where variable
> `special-event-map' is described.  If you want to _also_ have an xref to
> `Active Keymaps' that would be OK.

Thanks, done.

Subject: 26.3; (elisp) `Special Events' xref for `special-event-map'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 07:43:26 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 (elisp) `Special Events' says this, to introduce `special-event-map':

  The keymap which defines how to handle special events-and which events
  are special-is in the variable 'special-event-map' (*note Active
  Keymaps::).

I suggest that that xref to `Active Keymaps' be changed to an xref to
node `Controlling Active Maps', which is where variable
`special-event-map' is described.  If you want to _also_ have an xref to
`Active Keymaps' that would be OK.  But `Active Keymaps' says nothing
about `special-event-map'.

(You might also consider giving node `Controlling Active Maps' an xref
to node `Active Keymaps'.)

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17763
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''