Subject: bug#38502: 27.0.50; minibuffer-scroll-other-window with multiple frames

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 09:36:21 +0100

> I've noticed that the new completion windows can also become
 > much larger than they used to be, eg. covering nearly everything
 > completing after "(ma" for example.  I'm sure this is customizable,
 > but is there a general consensus on what/which real estate they
 > should take up?

Are you sure this has changed "recently"?  If you have
'temp-buffer-resize-mode' enabled, the maximum height is specified by
the option 'temp-buffer-max-height'.  With 'temp-buffer-resize-mode'
disabled there is no such bound but I see no recent change in behavior
either.

 > I think leaving decent portions of the calling buffers can be quite
 > useful at times in order to "think as little as possible", eg.
 > avoid needing to check back to finish a though.

Try with 'temp-buffer-resize-mode' enabled.  If you think that the
customization used there helps, we could try to implement something
similar when that mode is not enabled.

martin