Subject: Re: bug#38497: 27.0.50; Frame is not rendered when frame-resize-pixelwise it 't

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 14:24:16 +0100

>>> Two additional things you could try: What happens when you use 0
 >>> instead of 1 in the XtNwidthInc and XtNheightInc assignments like
 >>>
 >>> 		 XtNwidthInc, (XtArgVal) (frame_resize_pixelwise ? 0 : cw),
 >>> 		 XtNheightInc, (XtArgVal) (frame_resize_pixelwise ? 0 : ch),
 >>>
 >>> And what happens when you skip these two assignments entirely when
 >>> frame_resize_pixelwise is non-nil?
 >>
 >> Let me try and report back once I finish.
 >
 > I tried both. I do not see any difference. Still no redrawing.

We are probably missing something all too obvious (for example, why
scroll bars are apparently redrawn orderly).

You say yours is a tiling window manager: What happens when you manage
to remove all windows but the Emacs window from display?  This should
implicitly maximise the frame.  Does it redraw then?

And what happens when you remove the entire

   XtVaSetValues (wmshell,
		 XtNbaseWidth, (XtArgVal) base_width,
		 XtNbaseHeight, (XtArgVal) base_height,
		 XtNwidthInc, (XtArgVal) (frame_resize_pixelwise ? 1 : cw),
		 XtNheightInc, (XtArgVal) (frame_resize_pixelwise ? 1 : ch),
		 XtNminWidth, (XtArgVal) base_width,
		 XtNminHeight, (XtArgVal) base_height,
		 NULL);

call?

martin