Subject: Re: bug#38497: 27.0.50; Frame is not rendered when frame-resize-pixelwise it 't

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 10:10:50 +0100

> A while ago I noticed that pop-up org-capture frames are not rendered
 > (no buffer or mode-line text is shown, as in attached image) when the
 > window manager forces them to be full screen (floating frames are
 > rendered as usual).
 >
 > The issue seems to be triggered by the combination of
 > maximised frame, frame-resize-pixelwise 't, custom-setting a certain
 > default font, and loading certain colour theme.

Many window managers can only maximize a frame, full screen is
something the application has to provide by herself (via <F11>, for
example).  The missing title bar seems to indicate that your frame is
full screen, is that right?  Does the frame then redraw when you hit
F11 twice?  Does the problem happen with maximized frames too?

 > ;; Using this instead of custom-set-faces does not trigger the rendering problem
 > ;; (set-face-attribute 'default nil
 > ;; 			  :foundry "adobe"
 > ;; 			  :family "source code pro")
 > (custom-set-faces
 >   '(default ((t (:foundry "adobe" :family "source code pro"))))
 > )

It would be interesting to look into what the differences between the
two are ;-)

Could you try with a GTK (or Motif) build whether they exhibit the
same behavior?

martin