Subject: Re: bug#38497: 27.0.50; Frame is not rendered when frame-resize-pixelwise it 't

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:57:21 +0100

>> Something cheaper to test: Does the bug also appear when you disable
 >> tool bars, menu bars or scroll bars?
 >
 > No. It disappears. Specifically, it disappears when I disable menu-bar.
 > Actually, there is no redrawing when I simply do
 > 1. emacs -Q
 > 2. maximise frame
 > 3. M-x menu-bar-mode

I'm confused.  What does "there is no redrawing" mean?  That the rest
of the frame is orderly redrawn or that the rest of the frame is not
redrawn?

If drawing the Lucid menu bar _is_ responsible for the problem, could
you try setting its font separately?  See appendix

D.3 Lucid Menu And Dialog X Resources

of the Emacs manual for what can be specified (you can use the -xrm
option to put these into effect when invoking Emacs).

martin