Subject: Re: bug#38492: 27.0.50; Warn pdumper users when pure space has been overflowed

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:09:41 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > >> > We should probably consider just removing the pure space mechanism at 
  > >> > some point. 
  > >> Does this mean you agree with removing the warning in startup.el 
  > >> about overflowed pure space?
  > > Yes. 

  > Why?

  > This warning was placed because we needed to disable GC in dumps that
  > had overflown the purespace, so the dumped Emacs was not
  > fully functional.

If pure space provides some benefit with portable dumping, so we keep
it, we need something to inform developers that we need to increase
the size of pure space.  That warning is the way we do that.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)