Subject: 27.0.50; [Org 9.3] Column Width not working

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 17:21:41 +0530

* Steps
  1. Create table
  2. Insert <5> anywhere in any column
  3. Insert text with more than 5 characters in the above column
  4. C-c C-c

* Expected behaviour
  The column width should respect <6> directive

* Result
  The column width exceeds the length specified with <> directive

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.0.0, NS appkit-1894.10 Version 10.15.1 (Build 19B88))
 of 2019-12-04 built on Pankajs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 0db82bc09fb9144e290b8d47dde8b29a04e3885a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.1

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
Composing main Info directory...done
(dir) Top
No match
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig
 'HARFBUZZ_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/include/harfbuzz
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/include/glib-2.0
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/lib/glib-2.0/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/Cellar/pcre/8.43/include
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/graphite2/1.3.13/include'
 'HARFBUZZ_LIBS=-L/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/lib -lharfbuzz''

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail info cl-extra help-mode vc-git
diff-mode bug-reference org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap shr url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs json map url-vars svg xml dom browse-url gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date subr-x noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 166532 11092)
 (symbols 48 18502 1)
 (strings 32 61483 6748)
 (string-bytes 1 2057133)
 (vectors 16 29035)
 (vector-slots 8 330194 21174)
 (floats 8 205 83)
 (intervals 56 1877 0)
 (buffers 1000 15))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid