Subject: bug#38490: closed (Re: bug#38490: 27.0.50; [Org 9.3] Column Width not working)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 11:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38490: 27.0.50; [Org 9.3] Column Width not working

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38490: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38490
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38490: 27.0.50; [Org 9.3] Column Width not working
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:02:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please close this bug. There is a behaviour change in Org 9.3 that I
> wasn't aware of.

Thanks, it's closed with this message.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 27.0.50; [Org 9.3] Column Width not working
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 17:21:41 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* Steps
  1. Create table
  2. Insert <5> anywhere in any column
  3. Insert text with more than 5 characters in the above column
  4. C-c C-c

* Expected behaviour
  The column width should respect <6> directive

* Result
  The column width exceeds the length specified with <> directive

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.0.0, NS appkit-1894.10 Version 10.15.1 (Build 19B88))
 of 2019-12-04 built on Pankajs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 0db82bc09fb9144e290b8d47dde8b29a04e3885a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.1

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
Composing main Info directory...done
(dir) Top
No match
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig
 'HARFBUZZ_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/include/harfbuzz
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/include/glib-2.0
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.62.2/lib/glib-2.0/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/gettext/include -I/usr/local/Cellar/pcre/8.43/include
 -I/usr/local/Cellar/graphite2/1.3.13/include'
 'HARFBUZZ_LIBS=-L/usr/local/Cellar/harfbuzz/2.6.4/lib -lharfbuzz''

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail info cl-extra help-mode vc-git
diff-mode bug-reference org-element avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnir gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap shr url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs json map url-vars svg xml dom browse-url gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc
nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums text-property-search seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring org-list org-faces org-entities time-date subr-x noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol
org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 166532 11092)
 (symbols 48 18502 1)
 (strings 32 61483 6748)
 (string-bytes 1 2057133)
 (vectors 16 29035)
 (vector-slots 8 330194 21174)
 (floats 8 205 83)
 (intervals 56 1877 0)
 (buffers 1000 15))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid