Subject: [bug#38478] [PATCH 4/4] machine: ssh: <machine-ssh-configuration> can include the host key.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 13:16:41 +0100

Hi!

[email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> BTW, I’m wondering if we should go further and deprecate missing/#f
>> ‘host-key’ fields altogether.  WDYT?
>>
>> To me it just seems wiser to have that info within the deploy config
>> rather than out-of-band in ~/.ssh/known_hosts.
>
> I feel that's more in-line with the goals of Guix -- implicitly reading
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts doesn't seem declarative to me. What's our means for
> deprecating features like that? A warning message when omitted? If
> that's the case, I'm definitely on board.

Yup, we can emit a deprecation warning when the key is #f.

So let’s take that route if nobody objects.  It’s easier to deprecate it
now that “guix deploy” is still very new.

Ludo’.