Subject: bug#38471: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 20:41:04 +0000

Your bug report

#38471: meta: I don't receive follow-ups to bug reports I submitted

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38471: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38471
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2025 22:40:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Solved with the move to codeberg.

Andreas

Subject: meta: I don't receive follow-ups to bug reports I submitted
From: Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:36:34 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I remarked on this before: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-06/msg00315.html

It seems that I don’t get follow-up emails to bug reports I submitted unless
people explicitly put me in CC (presumably by reply to all in the original email
thread). I’ve failed to answer follow-up queries to a number of bugs due to this;
assuming this doesn’t affect only me, this seems to be quite bad for dealing with
bugs effectively.

Recent example: I did not receive Guillaume’s first reply in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38469

Related: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5439 (against debbugs).

I might report this against debbugs itself instead, but to me the bug is more
“the Guix bug tracker doesn’t send follow-ups” rather than the specific debbugs
issue. E.g. fixing this by using a different bug tracker would be great! :)