Subject: bug#38467: closed (Re: bug#38467: 27.0.50; frame-char-height is too big on lucid)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 01:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#38467: 27.0.50; frame-char-height is too big on lucid

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38467: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38467
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38467: 27.0.50; frame-char-height is too big on lucid
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 01:08:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:27:02 +0800
>>
>> frame-char-height returns big value on recent lucid builds. 33 in my
>> env, but 14 in previous builds.
>
> When was your previous build compiled?

More information was requested, but none was given within 45 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 27.0.50; frame-char-height is too big on lucid
From: Vincent Zhang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 16:27:02 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

frame-char-height returns big value on recent lucid builds. 33 in my
env, but 14 in previous builds.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
of 2019-12-03 built on lcy01-amd64-022
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description: Linux Mint 19.2

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
33 (#o41, #x21, ?!)
No match [3 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
'--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
'--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--program-suffix=-snapshot --with-modules=yes --with-x=yes
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets=yes 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-VG8z6g/emacs-snapshot-99487=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
-Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_MONETARY: zh_CN.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_CN.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 44312 7621)
(symbols 48 5980 1)
(strings 32 15442 1794)
(string-bytes 1 505382)
(vectors 16 9234)
(vector-slots 8 123746 10968)
(floats 8 20 48)
(intervals 56 236 0)
(buffers 1000 12))