Subject: Re: bug#38466: 26.3; Gnus setting large-newsgroup-initial to "All"/nil defaults to gnus-large-newsgroup if display is set to all

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:55:00 +0200

Allen Li <[email-masked]> writes:

> Setting the group parameter large-newsgroup-initial to nil (meaning
> "All") makes the default number of articles to show when prompted to be
> the max, when there are more articles than gnus-large-newsgroup.
>
> However, the default is equal to gnus-large-newsgroup if the group
> parameter display is also set to all.

Yes...  I can't quite see how this has ever worked?  In general, it's
impossible to distinguish between a parameter not being present and the
parameter being nil, I think?

So the "use all the articles" value has to be something other than nil
for this to work.  Perhaps t?

Or am I misunderstanding something here, and this really does work for
somebody?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no