Subject: [bug#38463] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: emacs-telega: Properly install alists.

From: Brett Gilio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:46:55 -0600

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> Hi Brett,
>
> That's my bad, I haven't looked at the structure of share/emacs/site-
> lisp since the last change has been made.  I expected, that packages
> still had their own folders, just with guix.d in the middle being
> removed, but just now found out that everything is at top-level.

I know how you feel. The recent changes has thrown me into a whirlpool
of confusion. That is why I made the note about eventually replacing the
installation of that directory to use the system usually used by
`emacs-build-system` because I figure this would cause less issues in
the future if for some reason the emacs site-lisp directory structure
were to change again.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; TODO: Replace with `#:include' method used by
;; emacs-build-system.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But I don't think it is a pressing issue to do it so cleanly.
Or maybe it is. Idk.

> I still don't feel comfortable with data being at the top of site-lisp, 
> though.  Perhaps something similar to emacs-yasnippet-snippets, where
> you store the data in share/emacs/telega-data would be more
> appropriate.

I was ACTUALLY going to do it this way originally, but I was really
uncertain of it so I just sent the patch as is. I like the idea more, so
I am going to revise the patch. Otherwise, once I get this revision in
everything should be good to go. I'll also substitute the functions to
reflect that changed path.

While I am at it, I want to do a shameless plug for Evgeny Zajcev who
has been supportive of me making additions to his repository to include
instructions on installing `telega` from Guix, including a local-build
`guix.scm`, adding a tag for Guix on the repo description, and adding an
issue label for Guix as well. If any of you are reading this and use
Telegram as a messaging client, join https://t.me/emacs_telega and give
him (@zevlg) and I (@brettmg) a hello. The work he has been doing has
been great, even though the build recipe for it for Guix is well over
100 LoC now. Ha.

Alright, carry on! Patch will be available soon.

-- 
Brett M. Gilio
https://git.sr.ht/~brettgilio/