Subject: 26.3; set-frame-position is slightly drifted

From: Pascal Lambrechts <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 03:14:08 +0000

Hi,

I noticed a strange behaviour with the function set-frame-position.
This happens even when starting from `emacs -q --no-site-file`

If I evaluate  the following expression:

(let ((x (frame-parameter nil 'left))
      (y (frame-parameter nil 'top)))
  (set-frame-position nil x y))

( by  C-X C-E in the file or with M-: )

the behaviour that I expect would be  that the frame stays still since I use
the original left and top position to reset the position.
However the frame is slightly drifted by 10 pixel to the left and 8
pixels to the top.
If I repeat the evaluation of the expression the frame keeps moving.

More generally (set-frame-position ...) seems to be off by (-10,-8).

Best,
Pascal
  
-------
In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-09-16 built on lcy01-amd64-030
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Recent messages:
Quit
(New file)
Making completion list...
Mark set
t
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
 --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-TP6iDo/emacs26-26.3~1.git96dd019=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
 -no-pie''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easymenu
easy-mmode elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 105692 8001)
 (symbols 48 21258 1)
 (miscs 40 110 155)
 (strings 32 30991 4008)
 (string-bytes 1 812032)
 (vectors 16 15327)
 (vector-slots 8 525502 9320)
 (floats 8 58 338)
 (intervals 56 392 11)
 (buffers 992 15))

-- 
Pascal Lambrechts  --  UCLouvain (SST/SC/MATH IRMP)
building: Marc De Hemptinne (Louvain-la-Neuve) - Local: B 430
phone: +32 (0)104x73161 
IRMP bte L7.01.02 // Chemin du Cyclotron 2 //  1348 Louvain-la-Neuve // Belgium