Subject: bug#38446: Guix pull broken

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 15:33:50 -0500

Hi folks,

The reason for these errors is that various parts of GNU Savannah have
been under a sizable botnet attack for a few days now.  Savannah hackers
and FSF sysadmins have been working on it mitigating the attack, but it
is an ongoing effort.

In the mean time, I suggest using "member checkouts" (i.e. ssh) for
accessing the repositories.  You need to a Savannah account for this,
but to my knowledge you don't have to be a member of that project to
just pull from its repositories using ssh.  Another option would be
using the git:// protocol, which I recommend against, as it's insecure
and prone to MITM attacks.

See
    https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix
and
    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit/
for more details.

Hope this helps.

-- 
Amin Bandali
Free Software Activist | GNU Maintainer & Webmaster
GPG: BE62 7373 8E61 6D6D 1B3A  08E8 A21A 0202 4881 6103
https://bandali.eu.org