Subject: bug#38421: Status: 27.0.50; Gnus fontifies patch attachments when gnus-visual is nil

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 17:20:08 +0200

Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Could someone please review the patch? (bug#38421)
>
> It's simple, but I'm not sure about using gnus-visual-p in mm-* files.

I don't think we can use that function there, because these are general
utility functions (used by mh-e, for instance).

As the comment in mm-view.el says:

;; Shouldn't these functions check whether the user even wants to use
;; font-lock?

They should, indeed.  But I'm not quite sure what the correct approach
for the application (that is Gnus) to inhibit these functions...

What functions to use is decided by mm-inline-media-tests, and there's
no way to use one version if we want highlights and another if we
don't...

Anybody got any ideas here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no