Subject: [bug#38408] [PATCH v2 0/5] Semantic version aware recusive importer for crates

From: Martin Becze <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:05:30 -0500

This version just builds a bit on the prevouse version (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/38408#0) I found while testing  some crates have build-dependencies and nor dependencies that are the same. While in guix build and normal dependiences are treated the same way (ie source only). So the recusive importer was importing the duplicates so here we dedup the deps. Please let me know if there are any problems!

-Martin

Martin Becze (5):
  gnu: added new function, find-packages-by-name*/direct
  gnu: added new procedure, recusive-import-semver
  Rewrote some of guix/import/crate.scm to use recursive-import-semver
    and updated script and test.
  added "#:skip-build? #t" to the output of (make-crate-sexp). Most the
    the packages imported will be libaries and won't need to build. The
    top level package will build them though.
  guix: crate: Depublicated build and normal dependencies

 gnu/packages.scm              |  41 ++++++++
 guix/import/crate.scm         | 188 +++++++++++++++++++---------------
 guix/import/utils.scm         | 181 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 guix/scripts/import/crate.scm |   9 +-
 tests/crate.scm               |   5 +-
 tests/import-utils.scm        | 162 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 tests/packages.scm            |  13 +++
 7 files changed, 501 insertions(+), 98 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.0