Subject: [bug#38408] [PATCH 0/3] (WIP) Semantic version aware recusive importer for crates

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 18:15:40 +0100

Am 07.11.20 um 23:35 schrieb Marius Bakke:
> I don't think Ludovic has exclusive review rights on this issue.  That
> is, anyone is free to review and merge.
>
> If you need this feature, perhaps you could try it and report whether it
> works (or not) for you?

This is a huge pile of comments and versions, patches by others, some 
already applied patches, etc. This is very hard to follow, one has to 
check 20 mails/article whether they contain a patch, same the path 
(giving it a filename), etc. This is why I'm asking those who already 
worked on this to finish the review.

IMHO this shows the limitations of a mail-based patch workflow.

Anyhow, I'll give it a try (steadying my optinion against mail-based 
software development)

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |