Subject: bug#38399: closed (Re: bug#38399: Recent $EMACSLOADPATH changes break emacs-org)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 04:33:03 +0000

Your bug report

#38399: Recent $EMACSLOADPATH changes break emacs-org

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38399: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38399
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#38399: Recent $EMACSLOADPATH changes break emacs-org
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 13:32:41 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This was fixed on master with commit 3ffdd0026b.

Thank you!

Maxim

Subject: Recent $EMACSLOADPATH changes break emacs-org
From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 11:00:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

Since the recent changes to the way Guix handles Emacs packages Emacs
loads the wrong ‘org’ (the one bundled with Emacs instead of the one
provided by the ‘emacs-org’ package installed with Guix).  This happens
because in EMACSLOADPATH the directory containing the bundled ‘org’
precedes the directory containing the ‘org’ provided by ‘emacs-org’.

It stands to reason that the elisp libraries provided by Emacs itself
shouldn’t be in EMACSLOADPATH in the first place as they are already in
‘load-path’ to which the directories in EMACSLOADPATH are prepended (as
described in the Emacs manual).

I’m currently on commit 116787d.

Regards,

Diego