Subject: Re: bug#38399: Recent $EMACSLOADPATH changes break emacs-org

From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 15:25:07 +0100

Hello Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> It stands to reason that the elisp libraries provided by Emacs itself
>> shouldn’t be in EMACSLOADPATH in the first place as they are already in
>> ‘load-path’ to which the directories in EMACSLOADPATH are prepended (as
>> described in the Emacs manual).
>
> That's not true; when using EMACSLOADPATH the Emacs' bundled libraries
> must be included explicitly, or an empty item be present (which means,
> an extra ':' present).
>
> See (elisp)Library Search:
>
>         An empty element in the value of the environment variable,
>     whether trailing (as in the above example), leading, or embedded, is
>     replaced by the default value of ‘load-path’ as determined by the
>     standard initialization procedure.  If there are no such empty
>     elements, then ‘EMACSLOADPATH’ specifies the entire ‘load-path’.
>     You must include either an empty element, or the explicit path to
>     the directory containing the standard Lisp files, else Emacs will
>     not function.

Thanks for the clarification!  And sorry for the noise, I should have
read it more closely.

Regards,

Diego