Subject: bug#38385: closed (Re: [bug#38385] [PATCH v3 1/2] gnu: Add vde2.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 13:02:05 +0000

Your bug report

#38385: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: qemu: Build with vde2 support.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
38385: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38385
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#38385] [PATCH v3 1/2] gnu: Add vde2.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:02:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/networking.scm (vde2): New variable.

[...]

> * gnu/packages/virtualization.scm (qemu)[inputs]: Add vde2.
> * gnu/packages/virtualization.scm (qemu-minimal)[inputs]: Remove vde2 from
>   inherited inputs.

Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: qemu: Build with vde2 support.
From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:59:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

The following two patches add vde2 (Virtual Distributed Ethernet) and
modify QEMU so that it supports vde netdevs.

The latest release of vde2 (2.3.2) is rather old (from 2011) and there
have been quite a few changes on their github repository (e.g. they
switched from openssl to wolfssl), which might qualify it for an
exception to our rule to use only official releases.  Nevertheless, I
have decided to stick with that old release for now (as do Nix and
Debian), because I haven't been able to package the git version due to
their configure script checking for something which is true for
openssl-1.0 but not wolfssl (even though they've switched to the
latter), which probably hasn't been noticed yet as nobody has tried to
build it in a pure environment until now.

Regards,

Diego

Diego Nicola Barbato (2):
  gnu: Add vde2.
  gnu: qemu: Build with vde2 support.

 gnu/packages/networking.scm     | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.24.0