Subject: [bug#38385] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: qemu: Build with vde2 support.

From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 13:59:00 +0100

Hello Guix,

The following two patches add vde2 (Virtual Distributed Ethernet) and
modify QEMU so that it supports vde netdevs.

The latest release of vde2 (2.3.2) is rather old (from 2011) and there
have been quite a few changes on their github repository (e.g. they
switched from openssl to wolfssl), which might qualify it for an
exception to our rule to use only official releases.  Nevertheless, I
have decided to stick with that old release for now (as do Nix and
Debian), because I haven't been able to package the git version due to
their configure script checking for something which is true for
openssl-1.0 but not wolfssl (even though they've switched to the
latter), which probably hasn't been noticed yet as nobody has tried to
build it in a pure environment until now.

Regards,

Diego

Diego Nicola Barbato (2):
  gnu: Add vde2.
  gnu: qemu: Build with vde2 support.

 gnu/packages/networking.scm     | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/virtualization.scm |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.24.0