Subject: bug#38371: 27.0.50; network-stream-certificate fails to specify :port as a string for auth-source-search

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 09:30:33 +0100

tags 38371 fixed
close 38371 27.1
quit

>>>>> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:20:02 +1030, Alex Murray <[email-masked]> said:

    Alex> Sending mail via SMTP in Emacs 27.0.50 fails when using the secrets
    Alex> auth-source backend - this seems to be due to network-stream-certificate
    Alex> calling auth-source-search with :port specified as an integer - since
    Alex> then later auth-source-secrets-listify-pattern fails with the following
    Alex> backtrace as it seems to expect all parameters to be strings.

    Alex> Attached is a patch to resolve this, in the same way bug#20541 was
    Alex> solved previously.

Thanks for the patch, pushed (with a slight modification, plus I added
the Bug# to the commit message).

    Alex> I wonder however if it might just be better to make
    Alex> auth-source-secrets-listify-pattern smarter to handle numeric elements

Maybe. But this is enough for now (and the recent flipping of the
default of network-stream-use-client-certificates would hide it
anyway).

Robert