Subject: Re: bug#38371: 27.0.50; network-stream-certificate fails to specify :port as a string for auth-source-search

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:43:40 +0100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>     Alex> I wonder however if it might just be better to make
>     Alex> auth-source-secrets-listify-pattern smarter to handle
>     Alex> numeric elements
>
> Maybe. But this is enough for now (and the recent flipping of the
> default of network-stream-use-client-certificates would hide it
> anyway).

Integer values for :port are not foreseen, see the docstring of
`auth-source-search':

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
A string value is always matched literally.  A symbol is matched
as its string value, literally.  All the SPEC values can be
single values (symbol or string) or lists thereof (in which case
any of the search terms matches).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> Robert

Best regards, Michael.