Subject: 26.3; Cannot start Emacs with -nw option, starting with Emacs 26.1

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:21:20 -0800 (PST)

This is the case starting with Emacs 26.1.  It is still the case with
Emacs 26.3.

I create a shortcut in Windows 10 with the executable as Target:

 Y:\Emacs-26\bin\runemacs -Q -nw

I double-click that shortcut.  Nothing seems to happen.

In the Task Manager I see a background process that corresponds, named
"GNU Emacs: The extensible self-documenting text editor", but there is
no Emacs window.

This works in all previous releases I have, from Emacs 20.7 through
Emacs 25.3.1.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.17763
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''