Subject: bug#38360: Retroarch might violate FSDG

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:34:04 +0100

Hello,

Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> skribis:

> We might have a problem on how retroarch is packaged. I've never used it,
> tried just now. There's the "core download" section where it downloads
> "$core.so.zip". Those are .so files:
> .config/retroarch/cores/atari800_libretro.so:     file format elf64-x86-64.
> I think we should either compile them and ship them or remove the download
> section or something.

We should definitely remove all binary files from the “source” tarballs.

> Also, when downloading cores there are no license info

That should be investigated, indeed, possibly looking at what Debian is
doing.

> nckx provided this [1] as a useful link. It seems that some of the plugins
> are available for non-commercial projects only (so not compatible with the
> GPLv3, used by retroarch).

We don’t provide those plugins though, do we?

Thanks,
Ludo’.