Subject: Subject prefix, true recipient...

From: Narcis Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 11:34:01 +0100

Please list administrators:
Add some visible sign to these mails to distinguish that them come by
bug-gnuzilla.

El 23/11/19 a les 17:10, Jack Hill ha escrit:
> On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, Chris Marusich wrote:
> 
>> Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I have successfully built IceCat using the Guix preview source (guix
>> build -S icecat) on a foreign GNU/Linux distro.  Things I noticed:
>>
>> - When IceCat 68 is built from source on this foreign distro (without
>>  using any software from Guix to do the build), the built IceCat 68
>>  works.  The "Unknown U2F Error" does not occur.  This means that the
>>  system is configured correctly to allow me to use my security token,
>>  and IceCat is built correctly to use it.
>>
>> - However, on the same foreign distro, when I install IceCat 68 from
>>  Guix, it doesn't work.  I get an "Unknown U2F Error".
>>
>> - Reminder: Firefox also works on this foreign distro.  The "Unknown U2F
>>  Error" does not occur.
> 
> Great work. What dependencies did you have to provide on the non-Guix
> system?
> 
> […]
>> If anyone has any advice about how to determine what code is actually
>> emitting the "Unknown U2F Error", that would really help me narrow
>> down the possibilities quite a bit.
> 
> I don't know if this will be helpful, but as I understand webauthn,
> browsers provide a new JavaScript API for interacting with security
> tokens. I suspect that the error is being generated some code the
> browser calls a JavaScript program it has loaded calls that API. The
> text may not be in the IceCat source, but presented by the JavaScript
> program in response to and error in its API call. I was thinking, but
> haven't had the time, to set up my own webauthn-using app, so I can
> control the JavaScript.
> 
> That's my best guess at least, but it could be wrong, so don't let me
> lead you astray :)
> 
> Best,
> Jack