Subject: bug#38358: Subject prefix, true recipient...

From: Ian Kelling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 13:51:12 -0500

Jason Self <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, 2019-11-24 at 11:34 +0100, Narcis Garcia via GNUzilla bug
> reports wrote:
>> Please list administrators:
>> Add some visible sign to these mails to distinguish that them come
>> by bug-gnuzilla.
>
> Please see
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnuzilla/2019-10/msg00006.html
>
> Mailman does add theList-id header, indicating
>
> List-id: GNUzilla bug reports <bug-gnuzilla.gnu.org>
>
> Which should make it possible for your mail program to do whatever one
> wants with such messages.

The linked change was not supposed to happen for debbugs lists, only
discussion lists, I'm guessing it did because debbugs got turned off for
bug-gnuzilla accidentally for a little while. The reason it wasn't
intended for debbugs lists: The motivation for the change is that
because of dmarc, we need to rewrite some sender addresses, orr, remove
the subject prefix so that dkim will pass. Well, debbugs, puts in a
subject prefix, so there is no need to try removing the subject prefix
if debbugs is just going to put one there anyways. Anyways, I just
looked about 10 other debbugs lists and none of them have mailman [tag]
prefixes, so it seems like other lists are getting along fine without
it. Anyways, it's up the list administartors (i'm just a site
administrator).

-- 
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF
https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org