Subject: bug#38358: Subject prefix, true recipient...

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:36:38 -0500

Hi Narcis,

Narcis Garcia <[email-masked]> wrote:
> El 24/11/19 a les 19:05, Jason Self ha escrit:
>> Mailman does add the List-id header, indicating 
>>
>> List-id: GNUzilla bug reports <bug-gnuzilla.gnu.org>
>>
>> Which should make it possible for your mail program to do whatever one
>> wants with such messages.
>>
>
> I've tried by headers already, and it seems not possible with, for
> example, Mozilla Thunderbird (custom header does not work in a filter rule).

Are you certain of this?  I did a web search found a description of how
to filter on custom headers for mail accounts in Thunderbird.  I tried
it on a friend's instance of Thunderbird.  These are the steps I
followed:

* From the app menu I chose the "Message Filters" menu item, which
  summoned the Message Filters window.

* I clicked the "New..." button, which summoned the Filter Rules window.

* I clicked the popup menu of headers to filter on, and down at the
  bottom of the list I see "Customize...".  Choosing it summons the
  Customize Headers window.  I typed "List-id" in the text box and
  clicked "Add", and then "OK" to dismiss the Customize Headers window.

* "List-id" is now an item within the popup menu of headers to filter
  on.

Does this work for you?

       Thanks,
         Mark